Youtube

Loading...

Thursday, December 24, 2009

What do you desire this Christmas?

So I was watching The Pink Panther 2 and about 10 minutes into the movie, my dvd player/surround sound system decided to just not work. I'll be honest I got angry - maybe not violent, but still it upset me. Here I am a twenty year old and I'm letting an object get the best of me; how silly. The more I thought about it, something hit me: It's just a material possession, it's not my treasure, Christ is. I had to check my heart at the door so-to-speak and realize what's really important. I know it may not seem like a big deal to many of you, but think about it. If I don't master my own life, my heart, my actions...then it will spill over into other aspects of my life. Do I really want to get upset/be angry over other silly things and make myself lose respect in others eyes and while doing so compromise my character? The obvious answer is no, but If I never take the time to deal with the issues and blow them off and say "it's nothing big, it's just a small issue" then I won't progress in becoming more like Jesus each day. It seems to me the older I get, the less presents I ask for. Every year I can't come up with any present ideas, my heart has changed. I'm not saying getting presents is sinful or unholy, I'm just saying it isn't my motive/desire/treasure in the Christmas season. The older I get, the more I find my purpose, my identity, In Jesus. It is so easy to find our purpose, identity, our treasure in this world, but this is NOT my home, I'm just a visitor so-to-speak. May Christ move in your life and change your heart and may you find your treasure in Christ, not just in the Christmas season, but in every day you get to live. Christ deserves more than one day in December each year to think about Him. May we ALWAYS remember and treasure Him in our hearts.

In love,

Nick Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment